© David Loftus
oriental pork with noodles
Stir-fries are great fun to make. Just get all the ingredients together and lay them out, then all you need is a really hot wok. Get stuck in!
Rub the crushed peppercorns into the pork slices. Heat your wok and a frying pan to make them as hot as you can. Pour the sesame and sunflower oils into the hot wok and fry the ginger, chilli and mushrooms for a minute until slightly coloured. Throw in the pepper, spring onions, pak choi, garlic and bean sprouts and stir-fry until wilted. Add the noodles, fish and oyster sauces, the coriander leaves and the stock. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes until the noodles are steaming hot. Taste and season with soy sauce.
Meanwhile, drizzle a little sunflower oil into the hot frying pan and fry the pork for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through and golden. Serve with the stir-fried noodles.
• a handful of Szechuan peppercorns, crushed
• 2 x 350g pork fillets, thinly sliced
• 2 teaspoons sesame oil
• 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
• 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
• 1-3 fresh red chillies (to taste), deseeded and chopped
• 125g oyster mushrooms, wiped and torn
• 125g shiitake mushrooms, wiped and halved
• 1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
• a bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
• 200 pak choi, chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
• 300g bean sprouts
• 300g medium egg noodles, cooked
• 2 teaspoons fish sauce
• 6 tablespoons oyster sauce
• a small bunch of fresh coriander, leaves chopped
• 75ml chicken stock
• dark soy sauce