© David Loftus
oven-baked rigatoni with wild boar salami
This is a great dish for when you've got mates coming round as it's easy to make and looks fantastic. The wild boar salami tastes great, and as well as cooking with it you can use it in sandwiches.
Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5.
Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and fry half the salami until quite crisp. Add the onion and garlic and cook slowly until the onion is soft. Add the balsamic vinegar, chopped tomatoes, crème fraîche and basil. Mix together, season to taste, and simmer for a few minutes.
Cook the rigatoni according to the packet instructions until 'al dente'. Drain, and drizzle over a little olive oil and seasoning. Tip into a baking dish and pour over the sauce.
Lay the mozzarella over the top with the rest of the salami. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes until golden. Delicious.
• a good glug of extra virgin olive oil
• ½ a wild boar salami, sliced (or use Napoli salami)
• 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
• 1 clove garlic, peeled and sliced
• 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
• 400g tin chopped tomatoes
• 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
• a large bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked and chopped
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 300g rigatoni
• a ball of buffalo mozzarella, sliced