© David Loftus
smoked salmon with clementines
This dish is colourful and so Christmassy! Serve with some good wholemeal bread.
Lay the smoked salmon out on a large serving plate. Place the watercress and salad cress in a bowl with your thinly sliced clementines.
Season the salad with salt and pepper, and then dress the salad with the juice of the two remaining clementines and the same amount of extra virgin olive oil. Toss the salad and pile on top of the plated smoked salmon. Serve with the lemon wedges and a nice glass of something fizzy!
• 600g sliced smoked salmon
• 2 bunches of watercress or rocket, any thick stalks removed
• 3 punnets of salad cress, snipped
• 10 clementines, 8 carefully peeled and thinly sliced and 2 juiced
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
• extra virgin olive oil
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges