© David Loftus
stuffed french toast
Mix the bananas together with the honey and the pecan nuts. Divide the mixture equally between 2 slices of the bread, leaving a slight space along the edges of the bread. Top with the other 2 slices to make 2 sandwiches.
Heat a frying pan over a moderate heat. Crack the eggs into a bowl and beat in the milk. Dip both sides of the banana sandwiches in the egg mixture. Melt the butter in the frying pan. Fry each sandwich gently for 3 to 4 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, until nicely coloured and warmed through.
Dust with the icing sugar, cut in half and serve with the Greek-style natural yoghurt.
• 3 bananas, peeled and thinly sliced
• 2 tablespoons runny honey
• 100g pecan nuts, roughly chopped
• 4 slices good-quality sliced white bread
• 4 eggs, preferably free-range or organic
• 1 teacup of milk
• 1 knob of butter
a sprinkle of icing sugar
• a small tub of Greek-style natural yoghurt