© David Loftus
In a little vegetable oil, fry the onion gently for 10 minutes in a large pan then add the remaining vegetables and stir together. Add the curry base sauce and simmer gently for around 25 to 30 minutes, taking care not to overcook the vegetables. If the sauce becomes too thick, add a little water to give you the desired consistency.
This recipe is a guideline, always check your fridge for any surplus fresh or cooked vegetables you may have, and substitute them for the equivalent quantity in the recipe.
• vegetable oil
• 1 medium red onion, peeled and chopped
• 1 courgette, diced
• ½ butternut squash, peeled and diced
• 100g mushrooms, quartered
• 1 red pepper, diced
• 150g cauliflower, broken into florets
• 600ml curry base sauce (see curry base sauce recipe)
• 400ml water