Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Put the butter or margarine, sugar and treacle or syrup in a saucepan. Heat gently until the fat has melted.
3. Sieve the flour and ground ginger together. Pour the melted ingredients into the flour etc. Beat with a wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.
4. Heat the remaining milk in the saucepan. Add to the flour, etc., with the bicarbonate of soda liquid, lemon rind and beaten egg then beat again.
5. Pour the mixture into a lined 18 -19 cm round cake tin and bake in the centre of the oven at 150C for 1hr 10mins - 1hr 30mins.
6. Leave to cool for 15 mins then turn out and finish cooling on a wire tray.
Note: i drizzled mine with icing sugar mixed with a little lemon juice