1 chilli 1 pan 1 meal
Added by Martyn Rice | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
Minced beef, 2 apples, 4 big carrots, half a cup on sweet corn, 3 sticks of celery, quarter of a cup of peas (frozen, non-frozen), 1 chilli
I am not a professional chef and I am quite young so I don't know if this is a recipe that has been made before. I came up with it when the only ingredients I had left in my kitchen were the one's in this recipe, so here we go. This recipe is designed for two to three people.
I normally cook this in a wok but all you need is a deep pan.
1. Juice the two apples, two of the carrots and the three celery sticks and leave in a jug.
2. Cut the other carrots in to 1cm cubes and put in a bowl with the sweet corn and peaís.
3. Fry the minced beef in a deep pan with a little oil that should take a few minuets. Make sure you donít stir it all the time because the mince will go all sloppy, and we donít want that.
4. When the mince is cooked it should look a light brown colour no pink or red. You can drain off some of the oil.
5. Add the juiced apples, carrots and three celery sticks, the chopped carrots, sweet corn and peas to the mince, it should cover the mince.
6. De-seed the chilli and cut in to 5mm by 5mm pieces and put in to the mince witch has all the other things in it, the juice and the cut up vegetables. If you like it a bit hotter keep the seeds in.
7. Cook it until most of the liquid has evaporated, make sure you give it a stir one in a while so it doesnít stick to the pan.
8. Serve on a plate, in a bowl you choose.
9. You can also cook some rice to go with it if you want.