2: BUILDERS CAKE WITH BARRY LEWIS
Added by FoodTube | Mon 11 Feb 2013 @ 17:42
*Actual stuff used*
40 Madeira cakes,
40ml pink food colouring
250g desiccated coconut
700g pre-made chocolate buttercream
200g wafer marshmallows
2 packs of mini rolls
1 pack of chocolate sticks
5 strawberry swiss rolls
Large packet of pink sprinkles
1 pack of strawberry jelly
Thin bar of chocolate
2tbsp marshmallow fluff
1. Blend together the butter, sugar, milk and food colouring to make a pink buttercream. Spread this on the base of a chopping board / where you will present the builders cake.
2. Using a trowel spread out the buttercream filling foundations.
3. Saw up your Madeira cakes to make perfect brick shapes and build a 3 layer wall, using the buttercream filling as cement to hold them in place. Use a spirit level to check they are level.
4. With spare filling plaster the inside of the walls with the pink buttercream.
5. Sprinkle the coconut on the base to create your carpet.
6. Render the outside of the house with the chocolate buttercream.
7. To support the roof stick wafer marshmallows to the inside of the cake
8. Drill holes through the chocolate rolls, linking them together with the chocolate sticks.
9. Make the pitch of the roof by angling together to separate marshmallow wafers.
10. Add pink sprinkles to the outer edge of the roof and top with sawn swiss roll pieces.
11. Chisel out the window and door and fill with a piece of jelly / slab of chocolate respectively using marshmallow fluff to hold in place.
12. Eat it, before it falls down.