4: BANOFFEE MERINGUES WITH BARRY LEWIS
Added by FoodTube | Mon 11 Feb 2013 @ 18:19
Ingredients / items needed
250g icing sugar
4 egg whites
250ml double cream
1 vanilla pod
3tbsp chopped hazelnuts
200g chocolate for melting
400g tin of toffee/caramel
1. Whisk your egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks are formed. Gradually add the icing sugar until all blended together and glossy.
2. Spoon or pipe onto greaseproof paper into circles shapes, make them as big or small as you like. Put them in the oven at Gas mark 1 or equivalent to firm them up for an hour.
3. Itís very important to let them cool down fully. At the 1 hour stage, turn off your oven and leave the meringues in there for another hour to cool down naturally.
4. Whisk the double cream until thick and scrape in your seeds from the vanilla pod and combine.
5. Slice your bananas into little chunks of your liking & melt your chocolate in the microwave on 30 second blasts.
6. To build them, use a meringue disc as a base and spread over a good helping of the caramel, top with banana pieces, then the cream, more banana pieces, drizzle on the melted chocolate, sprinkle on the nuts and then top with another meringue disc.