Added by FoodTube | Thu 14 Feb 2013 @ 11:53
Ingredients / items needed
*Red Leather Costume optional*
3 Chicken breasts,
200g Fresh pasta,
400ml bolognese sauce,
Handful spinach leaves,
2tbsp grated parmesan,
100g grated mozzarella,
2 handfuls of chopped basil,
salt & pepper•
For vegetable tray
˝ a pepper (chopped)
˝ an aubergine (chopped)
4 mushrooms (chopped)
˝ a leek (chopped)
1/2 courgette (chopped)
1. Boil chicken breasts for 30mins, once cooled shred them with a fork into strands
2. Put your chopped veg into a mixing bowl, pour in a good helping of olive oil and season with salt & pepper. Then put them into a baking tray, then to the oven for 45mins Gas 5 or equivalent.
3. Put a pan of water on to boil and add your pasta, if you are using non-fresh pasta this will take an extra 10 mins or so.
4. Once the pasta is nearly done add the spinach leaves and let the wilt in the hot water for about 2 minutes. Then drain through a colander.
5. Pour the drained pasta & spinach into a large mixing bowl add a handful of chopped basil, the passata, bolognese sauce, chicken, a drop of olive oil, ˝ of the mozzarella, all of the mascarpone and stir well - seasoning is optional.
6. Add your combined mixture to an oven-proof dish. Keeping the oven temperature the same put your vegetable tray down to the lower shelf and put the chicken dish on the top shelf for 20 mins. The vegetables should have been in there for about 20 mins already.
7. After 20 mins top the chicken dish with further cheese, sprinkle it with your remaining mozzarella and a dusting of parmesan.
8. Return to the oven for 5 more minutes, while your waiting cut your ciabatta in half and put it in the toaster to brown.
9. Once done, plate it up together – spoon on a good helping of the pasta, scatter the roasted veg around the side and tuck in your ciabatta with a drizzle of oil. Finally scatter some additional basil on top of the dish.