Added by FoodTube | Fri 22 Feb 2013 @ 16:50
Ingredients / items needed
2 red onions sliced,
2 cloves of garlic chopped,
3 red chillis chopped,
2 red peppers sliced,
bunch of coriander,
4tsp chilli powder,
2tsp ground cumin,
800g minced beef,
100g bacon lardons,
800g chopped tomatoes,
small piece of dark chocolate,
tin of aduki beans or beans of your choice (Kidney etc)
Bread to serve alongside
1. In a saucepan warm up a tbsp of olive oil, then add your chopped onions to soften.
2. After about 5mins add your garlic cloves, chilliís and pepper bits.
3. Give this a couple of minutes then add just the stalks of the coriander to the pan Ė youíll need the heads later. Then add the chilli powder and ground cumin.
4. Once the powders are covering the other ingredients, chuck in the minced beef and hack it up with a spatula. Cook the meat right through until brown.
5. With the beef cooked through make a little crater in the middle of the pan and add the lardons, again cook through completely.
6. Next add the chopped tomatoes and over a low heat stir through for a couple of minutes.
7. Add your ketchup, water and chocolate and bring to a simmer for 15 mins.
8. Add your beans of choice and continue to simmer until water has reduced down. Pre-heat oven to Gas 5 or equivalent.
9. Add mixture to a casserole dish and carefully crack your eggs on top. Bake the eggs in the oven for about 5 minutes until the whites firm up.
10. Remove from oven and top with ground pepper, cheese and the coriander heads. Bake for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese. The longer you bake it for the firmer the yolks will be. So if you want a runny middle like me donít overbake them!
11. Serve straight out of the casserole dish with some sour cream, guacamole and crusty bread.