Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by rubbishcook
2. Cut the leaves of gelatine into a few pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Add a few tablespoons of the syrup mixture so that the gelatine is just covered. Let the gelatine soften for 5 minutes whilst you bring a small pan of water to a simmer.
3. Place the bowl of softened gelatine over the simmering water and stir from time to time until totally melted. This takes about 10 minutes.
4. Then pour the remainder of the syrup mixture over the melted gelatine and stir to combine.
5. Pour through a sieve (strainer) into a jug and then carefully fill your chosen mould or moulds.
6. Refrigerate until set. To unmould the jelly, wet your finger and gently press around the edge of the jelly to release from the sides, dip the mould into a bowl of hot water for 5 seconds then give the mould a sharp tap to release the jelly.
Note: To make a different quantity of jelly, remember the golden rule -
1 leaf of gelatine sets 100ml fluid.
Visit http://www.lylesgoldensyrup.com/ for more pancake recipes and tricks and to learn more about the magic of Lyle's Golden Syrup