All Day Breakfast Pasta (Serves 2)
Added by Devon Dumpling | Sat 11 Jul 2009 @ 16:50
I created this recipe when I was trying to use up a load of ingredients in my fridge at dinnertime and it seemed rather like something that, apart from the pasta, you would eat for breakfast, hence the name!
200g farfalle pasta
4 rashers of back bacon, chopped into 1 inch squares
12 cherry tomatoes, halved
6 field mushrooms, sliced
2 medium free-range eggs
1 tsp oil
1. Boil a kettle full of water and share it between two medium sized saucepans; one for your pasta and one for your eggs and place them on a medium high heat.
2. Once the pans of water are starting to form little bubbles of water you can tip your pasta into one pan and cook for approx 10 minutes.
3. It is easier to crack your eggs into a small bowl and then transfer them into the pan very gently. Once they are in the pan, keep the pan on the heat for one minute, then turn the heat off and leave the eggs in the pan for 10 minutes.
4. Put an oiled frying pan on a medium high heat and cook your mushrooms, remove them to a separate bowl, cook your tomatoes and add them to the bowl and finally cook you bacon pieces.
5. Once these three items are all cooked, return them to the pan, minus any water that the mushrooms have released and just keep them warm until your pasta is ready.
6. When the pasta is ready, drain and return it to the saucepan. Add the mushrooms, tomatoes and bacon and toss until it is well mixed. Divide the mix between two bowls.
7. Gently take your eggs out of the pan and place them on top of your pasta. The yolk will create a kind-of-sauce to go with the pasta.
8. Voila and bon appetit (sorry but I donít speak Italian)!