Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by JamJarTrifle
This recipe is also easily adjusted, for instance;
- You could stew the apples instead of frying them, to give the pasty a more homely feel to it.
- You don't have to use this recipe with apple. Just take the basic pastry recipe, and use whatever fruit you like. Rhubarb, or Peaches would both make nice pasties.
- You could replace the mincemeat in this recipe with something else. The mincemeats just there to make them a bit more filling, so you could also use blackberries, or other fruits.
2) Next, mix the flour, the salt and the margarine into breadcrumbs. Slowly add the water, mixing it with the breadcrumbs until it becomes a dough. If it is too sticky, add flour; if it is too dry, add some more water.
3) Separate your ball of pastry into quarters, and then roll out one of the quarters into a circle.
4) Put a few tablespoons of the apples onto one side of the pastry circle, and then fold the other half off the pastry other the top, sealing the edges, until it looks like a pasty.
5) Do this to all the other circles of pastry.
6) Brush the pasties with an eggy wash, made with the egg. ( Whisk the egg with a pastry brush, or fork, until combined).
7) Place them onto a greased baking tray, and put them into the oven, for 30 - 45 mins, or until golden.