Added by Camilleng | Wed 12 Sep 2012 @ 21:54
This is one of the best Apple Pie that I have even ate! The tenderness of the apples contrasting with the crunchiness of the pastry is perfect. Moreover, in half an hour you made your dessert : so quick! For more recipes, you can go and check my blog http://www.icookedit.us .
- 5 cooking apples (if you like the acid) or 5 granny apples (if you prefer sweet)
- 8 leaves of filo pastry
- 40g sugar
- 30g unsalted butter
- some icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200įC.
2. Peel the apples and slice them.
3. Brown the apple pieces in a frying pan with the butter and sugar for 15 minutes, or until caramelized.
4. In a greased tin, stack 2 leaves of filo pastry, butter them each time, then lay the caramelized apple, then 2 other leaves of filo pastry and so on ... and finish with some filo pastry.
5. Sprinkle with some icing sugar.
6. Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the top leaves got browned.