Added by avocado brother | Fri 01 Jul 2011 @ 09:52
This is a refreshing salad, better known by its cheeky name \'Solterito Arequipeño\' (unmarried person from Arequipa in Peru)
(Serves 4 - 6 people)
1 ripe Hass avocado
1 large carrot, peeled and cubed
300g feta cheese
500g broad beans
2 red onions
2 Choclo Peruvian giant kernel corn (or sweet corn cob)
1 aji amarillo chilli (or mild red chilli), finely chopped
150g black olives Juice of 2 limes
Pinch of salt and pepper
1 tsp olive oil
3 sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
1. Boil the corn for 10 minutes then add the broad beans and carrot and boil for a further 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and when the cobs have cooled slightly take the kernels off the corn by slicing downwards with a sharp knife.
2. Chop the onions, avocado and feta cheese into cubes and slice the olives into round strips.
3. In a separate small bowl mix the olive oil, lime juice and salt and pepper and add the finely chopped chilli and parsley.
4. Stir this marinade into the rest of the ingredients in a large salad bowl or plate.
5. Chill for 10 minutes and serve.