Added by Lesley_J | Thu 15 Jan 2009 @ 10:47
My sister, her friend & me, all added a bit to this recipe, turned out great!
* 3 Medium Avocado pears
* 4 Rashers streaky bacon (chopped and fried until crisp)
* Sour cream (optional)
* 1 oz/30g sugar
* 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
* 2 tbsp water
* 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
* 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
* 1 oz/30g butter
Prep time 5 min
Cooking time 15 mins
* Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a pan and bring to the boil
* Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it thickens and reduces.
* Peel and slice the Avocado pears
* Arrange sliced pears on a bed of crispy lettuce on 4 individual plates
* Spoon the hot mixture over slices of pear and sprinkle with the crispy crumbled bacon
* Drizzle over a tbsp of sour cream
* If you want to make this in advance just prepare the pears and triple wrap them in clingfilm tightly and refrigerate,they\'ll be okay for about 2 hours without going brown, the bacon can be cooked hours before you dine and set aside in a bowl, then you\'re really only left with the sauce to cook and the lettuce to go on the plates.