Avocado, Chicory and Grapefruit Salad
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
1 large or 2 small heads of chicory,
1 pink grapefruit
1 Hass avocado
1/2 pomegranate (seeds)
3 tbsp mild tasting olive oil
2 tbsp grapefruit juice
1 tsp honey or agave syrup
Salt and black pepper to season
1. Peel the grapefruit , removing any white pith. Cut into segments (cutting between the membranes). Squeeze out any remaining juice and set aside(you'll be using the juice for the dressing)
2. Slice the chicory into thin slices (top to bottom) and place in a salad bowl.
3. Peel and slice the avocado into thick slices. Add to the salad bowl.
4. Make the dressing by mixing together the olive oil, grapefruit juice, honey/agave syrup and season with salt and black pepper.
5. To finish, add the grapefruit segments to the bowl , then gently mix in the salad dressing.
6. Place on a serving plate and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.