Added by The Cuban Chef | Sun 05 Jul 2009 @ 00:44
Yield: 5 portions
Skirt steak, or flank sliced thin,
against grain 3 lbs.
Asian pear juice Ĺ qt.
Onion, sliced thin 16 oz.
Garlic, minced 4 tsp.
Scallion , sliced thin 4 Tbls.
Soy Sauce 1 cup
Sugar, coarse 6 Tbls.
Sesame oil 3.5 Tbls.
Corn Syrup 3 Tbls.
Sesame seeds, crushed 2 Tbls.
Black pepper, fine 1 Ĺ Tsp.
Red Pepper strips Ĺ lbs.
1) Trim beef of all fat. Cut into 4 inch wide slabs and slice thin, across the grain.
2) Cover beef with the pear juice and marinate for 15-20 minutes.
3) Remove 1/3 of the pear juice and discard, reserve remaining meat and juice.
4) Combine all other ingredients and pour over reserved meat. Massage for 1 minute.
5) Marinate for 1-2 hours.
6) In a hot skillet, with a small amount of oil, cook mixture for 3-5 min, until the meat is cooked and the sauce is slightly thick.
7) Plate and sprinkle with scallions and sesame seeds.
8) Serve with cabbage leaves.