Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by TerryKay
A great fun recipe if you like cooking with the kids. It’s also an ab fab BBQ accompaniment for the fun recipe, “Blind Friendly Bagga Banger Meal".
Enjoyable indoors or outdoors. No knifes, no mixing, no need of fiddly measuring and NO WASHING UP (Except for the messy kids). Not a good recipe for the squeamish as the bears and bunnies (Choc chips and Marshmallows) end up in a right state as things heat up in their boat.
Can be cooked on camp fire, BBQ, in an oven or, believe or not, in a dish washer but that’s another tale (Maybe if gas meter is empty).
1. Peel back a single segment of skin on the inside curve of a banana, leaving one end still attached.
2. Place choc chips and marshmallows under skin so they are mixed up.
3. Replace the strip of peel and wrap tightly in foil.
4. Bake in a pre-heated at 220°C / 425°F / Gas Mark 7 for 10 minutes.
1. If you let the kids help with choc chips and marshmallows, make sure you monitor them like a store detective, or you’ll end up taking a trip to the shops for more supplies.
2. Don't get tempted to add too many choc chips and marshmallow as they will over power the banana.
3. Wrap tightly to hold banana together.
4. Too hot and sticky to be kiddie safe until it’s cooled for a while. Be prepared for the mess they’re gonna get into. Fantastic fun! Relax though. Just don’t have them in their Sunday bests and have plenty of wet wipes at hand.