Added by Arunadevi | Fri 05 Mar 2010 @ 00:27
Everyone in the magazine loved this baked kachoris, they are healthier and also very tasty. You should try it.
250 grs whole wheat flour
250 grs flour
4 tsp baking soda
1 green chili chopped
2 tsp Salt
200 ml sunflower oil
300 grs splited peas
10 potatoes cubed
1tsp white cumin seeds
1/2tsp red chili powder
50 grs chopped black olives
50 grs chopped couriander
1 tsp turmeric powder
100 grs ricotta cheese
* Sift the flour, 1 tsp salt and the oil and gradually add enough water to make soft dough. Cover the dough with damp cloth and leave for 30 minutes.
* Grind the cooked and drained peas with the chili powder, salt and spices to make stuffing. Cook the potatoes and add to the mixture. Add 1 tsp salt.
* Divide the dough into small balls , using wet hands, and smear each portion with a little oil.
* Flatten and roll out into 2inch round.
* Wrap one portion of stuffing in each round and roll into a smooth ball, using greased hands.
* Flatten and roll into a 3-4 inch round.
* Grease a baking tin and put the kachoris. Leave it in the oven for about 30 -40 min until golden brown.
Serve the kachori hot with chutney.