Baked Macaroni Cheese
Added by Allora Andiamo | Fri 13 Mar 2009 @ 11:50
300g short cut macaroni pasta
approx 750ml bechamel sauce
2 handfuls of finely grated mature cheddar cheese
3 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp dried onion (powder)
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp english mustard
3 tbsp breadcrumbs
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions, then drain,
2. Heat up the bechamel sauce and add the onion salt,garlic salt, mustard and cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Cook gently over a low heat, whisking all the time, till the sauce is smooth and glossy.
4. Lay the cooked pasta in a large baking dish (i use a lasagne dish) and cover with the hot sauce, mixing well.
5. Mix together the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese and sprinkle the mixture over the pasta.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 200C for about 30mins till nice and golden.