Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by GrowinKitchen
2. Steam mung beans with pandanus leaf for 20 minutes. Take off the leaf then mashed the beans. Add brown sugar, oil and vanilla. Stir well, set aside.
3. Mix flour with oil, water, sugar, butter and vanilla until smooth. Form a spherical shape, cover with damp cloth, set aside.
4. Mix flour with oil until well blended.
5. Take 15 g of batter A, flatten and top with 10 g of batter B. Flatten again until thin and long, then roll, fold from left to right, flatten again, set aside. (Just like making puff pastry.) Repeat with the rest of the two batters.
6. Take one of batter mix, fill it with a bit of mashed mung bean, form small spherical shape, put in the baking tray. Repeat with rest of batter and filling.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, take off the oven, flip the cake the bake again for another 10 minutes. Flip again and bake for 5 minutes, flip again and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes. (Total baking time 30 minutes, but if you bake it for 15 minutes straight the cakes will crack.)
8. Let cool at room temperature.
Yield 25 pieces.