Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Place the shallots and garlic in the brine solution and leave them to soak for 12-15 hours.
3. After soaking, rinse them well (they will be slightly oily) and pat them dry.
4. To prepare the spiced vinegar, place all of the spices + vinegar in a saucepan and let the mixture simmer for about 5 mins. Allow the mixture to cool down. Now you can either strain it or use it as it is. The flavour will be a lot stronger if you retain the spices, which i prefer, but i always remove the cinnamon stick as it can be a bit overpowering.
5. Place the shallots and garlic in the sterilsed jar. Pour over the spiced vinegar covering them completely.
6. Cover the jars tightly and store in a cool dark place for 3 months before using.