Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Everyday Family
Get the kids involved in cooking (and eating) a variety of foods for dinner at www.everydayfamilyfood.com!
* 1 1/2 cups of ketchup (add a couple TBS of water to it)
* 1/3 cup of brown sugar
* 1/3 cup of cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup of molasses
* 1/8 cup of Worcester sauce
* Dash of garlic powder
Mix ingredients all together and pour/brush onto both sides of chicken, lift the skin up to get sauce directly on the chicken breast. Lay chicken on foil-lined baking sheet or dish and bake at 400 for approx. 30 mins. Take chicken out and cover with foil to continue cooking while you get the rest of dinner together. This chicken will be unbelievable moist!
ZUCCHINI: I usually use the regular sized zucchini but bought the little ones this week.
They tasted a bit 'woody' so I think I'll go back to the longer kind.
* Slice the ends off the zucchini and then slice pieces into about 1/2 inch thick
* Place into a baking dish and toss with a little EVOO, salt/pepper and rosemary.
* Roast with chicken at 400 for 30 mins. or until cooked through. Careful not to let them get mushy.
One bowl for prep, baking, and serving – the beauty of roasting veggies!
BEETS: I had some yellow and red beets this week.
* Peel them like a potato, chop into cubes and place them in a baking dish. Toss with EVOO, salt/pepper and rosemary.
* Bake with chicken at 400 for 30 minutes or until cooked through. I swear these have a very mild flavor and consistency – perfect for kids.
ISRAELI COUS COUS:
* Fry 1/2 onion with a drop of EV olive oil until soft. Add some shitake mushrooms if you have them.
* Stir Israeli Cous Cous (basically tiny pasta) into the pot for a few minutes on medium heat.
* Add 2 cups of water, salt/pepper and cook for 8-10 mins. I added some parsley for color.
SALAD: Wash some Romaine leaves. Make sure salad is DRY, use paper towels or a dishtowel. My mom always wrapped her cleaned lettuce up in a clean dishtowel to stay dry and fresh. Add tomato for color and some balsamic vinaigrette.