Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by kateinuk
2. Place all vegetables, bay leaf and allspice into the stock. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer until vegetables are soft (20 minutes approximately)
3. Dice beetroots and place into the stock, making sure to add any leftover juice (don't waste any – this really helps the colour)
4. Add spirit vinegar – start with 1tbsp or so, this will prevent the colour from dulling, as well as giving a traditional sour flavour.
5. Heat until beetroot is soft; add the marjoram about 5 minutes before finished. Add salt & pepper to taste, along with more vinegar if needed.
6. Ladle in bowls while hot and enjoy