Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by BakeLove
Makes approximately 6 servings.
1) Toss the berries gently with sugar. Cover & macerate in fridge for at least 1 hr.
For the 'Amaretti':
1) Preheat oven to 300˚F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
2) Using a stand/hand mixer mix almonds & sugar together until well blended.
3) Add egg whites one at a time until incorporated. Add extracts and blend on high until smooth & a bit more airy.
4) Drop cookies by the teaspoon onto prepared sheets and sprinkle with sugar.
5) Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until evenly golden and firm to touch. Transfer to racks to cool.
For the 'Zabaglione':
1) Whisk yolks and sugar (with balloon whisk or hand mixer) on top of a double boiler over simmering water. Slowly blend in lemon juice, almond and vanilla extracts.
2) Continue whisking for about 5 minutes until tripled in volume, thickened & pale.
3) Remove bowl from heat and continue to beat for about 2 minutes to speed cooling and maintain airiness.
4) Cover with cling film pressed onto surface and chill (1hr or more).
5) Just before serving, fold in sour cream until smooth and incorporated.
For the 'Caramei':
1) Line baking sheet with parchment and lightly grease with butter.
2) Place sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil (without stirring) on high heat.
3) Reduce temperature to medium-high and continue boiling for approximately 5 minutes or until amber in colour, swirling occasionally.
4) Remove from heat. Add almonds and working quickly, toss to coat and spread in a very thin layer on prepared pan.
5) Allow to cool & harden before breaking into desired size pieces.
Using a parfait glass or martini glass, plate the dessert by layering the strawberries/ cookies/ cream until about ¾ full. Top with broken almond crunch pieces for decoration.