Belvoir Fruit Farms Thai Pea Soup
Added by freshherbs | Thu 29 Sep 2011 @ 13:47
A delicious hot soup with a spicy kick, perfect for the cold winter months
1 large onion finely chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
2 tbsp groundnut oil
2 lemongrass stalks bashed and halved
800ml chicken stock
2 rounded tsp Thai red curry paste
3tbsl of Belvoir Fruit Farms Organic Ginger Cordial
250g frozen peas
400ml tin of coconut milk
2tbsp thai fish sauce
4tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
4 spring onions
12 large sprigs of fresh chopped coriander leaves
Salt & pepper
1. Fry the onion and garlic in the groundnut oil till translucent. Add the lemongrass and red curry paste and cook for a further three minutes.
2. Add the stock and Belvoir Fruit Farms ginger cordial and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Skim the red oil off the surface and fish out the lemongrass stalks. Add the peas and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Pour the contents into a liquidiser and blend until smooth.
5. Just before serving add the coconut milk, fish sauce and lime juice to the mixture.
6. Season to taste. Sprinkle a few chopped spring onions and some fresh coriander over each bowl of soup and serve.