Added by julwilson2008 | Thu 21 Jul 2011 @ 22:32
I married a sweet tooth and have one myself, so the two of us together are trouble. This recipe satisfies the craving without us feeling as guilty as, say, when we eat chocolate chip cookies or buttercream-frosted cakes. The most complicated element of the recipe is the pie shell if you choose to make it from scratch. I have two variables that make me go for the store-bought: 1.) I have zero talent with dough of any sort, and 2.) I have an 11-month-old daughter crawling around my feet to distract me (though she\\\\\\\'s delightful, and I\\\\\\\'d never have it any other way).
1 pie shell (store-bought or home-made, your choice)
1 pint strawberries, halved
1 pint blueberries
1 pint raspberries or blackberries
1/2 cup honey
2 TBSP unsalted butter
6 ozē mascarpone cheese
1. Construct your own or bake pie shell to package instructions; let cool
While pie crust cools, make sure oven is preheated to 350 degrees.
2. Wash berries thoroughly, particularly if not organic
3. Melt 2 TBSP unsalted butter in small saucepan on range top
4. Add honey, stirring until melted butter and honey are blended thoroughly
5. Mix berries together; place in cooled pie shell
6. Drizzle HALF the honey mixture over the berries
7. Bake pie, uncovered, at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until you are satisfied with their level of juicy brokenness.
8. Let cool 5 minutes
9. Cut slices; place on dessert plates
10. Drizzle remaining honey mixture over individual portions; add a dollop of mascarpone cheese and serve.