Birthday Carrot Cake
Added by raycooksandeats | Thu 15 Mar 2012 @ 12:01
This is a really simple way of making your carrot cake indulgent and delicious.
I made it for a birthday and everyone was impressed with its flavour.
See the post on my website:
Carrot Cake Ingredients:
185g Caster Sugar
180ml Vegetable Oil
2 Medium Eggs
150g Self Raising Flour
130g Grated Carrots
1/2tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2tsp Ground Cinnamon
Baking Paper and Butter for Greasing
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
90g Softened Butter
125g Icing Sugar
1tbs Golden Syrup
400g Cream Cheese (I use light here, and it works fine)
1tsp Vanilla Extract.
1 Can of Dulce de Leche
40g Crushed Pecans
1. Beat together the sugar, oil and eggs in a large bowl.
2. Once even add the flour while beating all the time.
3. Now mix in the remaining cake ingredients (carrots, baking powder, bicarb, salt and cinnamon).
4. Line two cake tins with baking paper and grease the sides. Divide the cake mixture between the two tins.
5. Bake for 15mins. Take the cakes out of the oven when they are done and cool and on a wire rack.
Then start the icing.
1. Beat the butter, sugar and golden syrup until the mixture is light and fluffy.
2. Add the cream cheese and vanilla extract and beat well.
To Assemble the Cake.
1. Put one of the carrot cakes onto a serving plate or cake stand. Cover with a layer of Dulce de leche. Donít go all the way to the edges as the weight of the top layer will squash it out a bit more. You may want to warm it up in the microwave to make it easier to spread.
2.Add a layer of the cream cheese icing. Then place the remaining carrot cake on top.
3. Now you need to repeat the Dulce de leche layer on top of the cake and ice the cake completely with the remaining cream cheese icing. To finish sprinkle the crushed pecans over the top.