Added by AshRedcomm | Wed 28 Sep 2011 @ 11:27
Chocolate and orange is a lifelong classic, but the ClemenGolds add even more aromatic flavours. Try to use the best chocolate you can find. These are great for when you have guests as you can make them the day before
200g 70% dark chocolate
300ml double cream
2 egg yolks
pinch of sea salt
1 tspē of Cointreau
1. Peel and separate the ClemenGolds into segments, removing as much pith as possible. Then add to a saucepan, along with the sugar and Cointreau. Bring the pan to the boil and then turn down and simmer for 10 minutes.
2. When cooked, cool slightly and then spoon some of the compote into the 6 serving dishes or glasses and leave to cool.
3. Meanwhile, pour the cream into a saucepan, add the salt and bring to just below boiling point. While waiting for the cream to heat up, very finely chop the chocolate.
4. When the cream is ready, take it off the heat and immediately add the chocolate. Then stir until all the pieces are melted.
5. Let the mix cool for 5 minutes and then beat in the egg yolks.
6. Pour the chocolate mix on top of the compote in each dish and chill until set for 2 hours. Serve either by themselves or with your favourite biscuits.