- * 5 fresh jalapeno peppers
- * 4 pounds ground beef
- * salt and pepper to taste
- * 1 egg
- * 1/4 cup steak sauce, (e.g. Heinz 57)
- * 1/4 cup minced white onion
- * 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (e.g. Tabasco™)
- * 1 pinch dried oregano
- * 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- * 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- * 1/4 cup crushed Fritos® corn chips
- * 8 large potato hamburger buns
- * 8 slices pepperjack cheese
1. Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, roast the jalapeno peppers until blackened on all sides. Place in a plastic bag to sweat and loosen the blackened skin. Rub the skin off, then seed if desired, and chop.
2. In a large bowl, use your hands to mix together the ground beef, salt, pepper, egg, steak sauce, onion, hot pepper sauce, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and Fritos®. Divide into 8 balls, and flatten into patties.
3. Grill patties for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, or until well done. I always drink one beer, then flip, drink another beer, then remove from