Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
approx• 400g bucatini pasta
150g guanciale ,diced small (or use pancetta if you can't find guanciale)
6 ripe tomatoes (blanch them, then remove skin and seeds, chop finely)
1/2 small onion, finely chopped
1/2 -1 small hot pepper (deseeded and finely chopped)
approx• 1/4 cup of olive oil
Plenty of freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Start by cooking your pasta in boiling,salted water. Whilst it's cooking prepare the sauce.
1. Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the diced guanciale/pancetta and fry gently till lightly browned.
2. Remove the guanciale/pancetta (leaving the oil in the pan) and set aside.
3. Add the chopped onion and hot pepper to the pan,frying gently.
4. Once it has a bit of colour, add the chopped tomatoes. Cook for about 5-6 mins,
stirring it often.
5. Return the guanciale/pancetta to the pan and heat through lightly.
6. Finally, add the drained pasta to the sauce, mixing well.
7. Serve with the freshly grated Pecorino.
Some people add a bit of the Pecorino to the pasta before serving but I serve
mine seperately (my son isn't a great fan of Pecorino so he uses Parmesan