Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 26 Jan 2010 @ 21:26
I got this recipe off the net .The original version was made with oil but i prefer to use butter as it gives the cake a much better flavour and colour.
It\'s a super-moist cake with a delicous buttery flavour and very moreish.....Don\'t say i didn\'t warn you ! :-)
Makes 1 large bundt cake (12 - 16 slices)
220g butter, melted
5 medē eggs
250ml advocaat (egg licquer)
125g plain flour (i used \'00\' flour)
2 tsps of baking powder
Seeds from 1 vanilla pod
A few tbsps of icing sugar for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 170C.
2. Brush a large non-stick or silicon bundt tin with a little of the melted butter, making sure the surface is completely covered. Set aside for now.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and vanilla till light and fluffy.
4. Pour in the melted butter and whisk gently for a few seconds.
5. Add the egg licquer to the mixture and mix gently with a spatula or large spoon.
6. Place the plain flour, cornflour and baking powder in a large, fine hair sieve and sieve the mixture straight into the bowl. Using the spatula, fold the flours gently into the egg mixture . It may appear very light and thin but don\'t worry, that\'s how it\'s meant to be :)
7. Pour into the bundt tin (a little more than 3/4\'s full) then bake in a preheated oven (170C) for 1 hr 10mins - 1 hr 20mins. The cake should be firm to the touch.
8. Remove from the tin from the oven then allow the cake to cool down completely. Once it\'s cool, place a large plate on top of the cake tin then gently turn upside down to release the cake .
9. To finish,sprinkle with icing sugar.