Butternut Squash Ravioli with Sage Butter
Added by hoppershaun | Wed 28 Jan 2009 @ 12:03
half a butternut squash
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for
60g parmesan, grated, plus extra to
salt and black pepper
300g fresh pasta dough
small handful sage leaves, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 190C. Remove the seeds from the butternut squash. Brush all over with olive oil and place cut side down on a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until very soft. Remove the skin and cut up the flesh. Place in a bowl along with the 60g of parmesan and 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well, using the back of a fork to squash the butternut squah into a thick puree. Season to taste and set aside to cool.
2. Roll the pasta out until it is very thin, (number 1 setting on a pasta machine). Cut the pasta length in half. Place a teaspoon of the filling at even intervals on one half of the pasta. Brush a little water around the filling and then drape the other pasta sheet over. Press gently around the filling to seal the pasta together and cut into squares. This will make around 16 ravioli.
3. Cook the ravioli in plenty of boiling, salted water for about 2 minutes.
4. For the sage butter, melt the butter and then add the sage leaves. Mix well and and cook for 1 minute.
5. To serve, place the ravioli into warm bowls and drizzle over the sage butter sauce and grate over some parmesan.