Caramelized Peanut Cookies
Added by Allora Andiamo | Wed 10 Nov 2010 @ 20:37
This recipe is from a German food mag. The cookies are simple enough to make but you\'ll have to work quickly to get the peanut topping on the biscuits before the mixture starts to set (using a 2nd teaspoon to scrape the mixture off the spoon makes the job a little easier)
Makes about 30 small cookies
140g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla sugar
1 tbsp caster sugar
Dash of cold milk
Pinch of salt
125ml maple syrup
100g roasted peanuts (unsalted)
2 tbsp single cream
1. Combine biscuit ingredients in a large bowl adding just a little dash of cold milk. Knead the mixture gently then wrap the dough in clingfilm and allow to rest in the fridge for approx. 30 mins.
2. Preheat oven to 150C (fan assisted) and line a large baking tray with baking parchment/silicone mat. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead gently for a few seconds. Roll to 3mm thickness and using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shape.
3. Place the cookies on the baking tray and bake at 150C (fan assisted) for approx 10-12mins, then remove from the oven. Set aside while you make the peanut topping.
4. To make the topping, place the maple syrup, butter and cream in a small saucepan and cook over a medium heat till the mixture has reduced by about 50%.
5. Add the peanuts to the mixture, stir well, then working quickly place a small teaspoon of the mixture on top of each cookie.
6. Return cookies to the oven and bake for a further 5-6 mins. Place the cookies on a cooling rack and allow to cool down and harden.