Added by Allora Andiamo | Tue 02 Feb 2010 @ 17:03
Serves 3 -4
1 medē cauliflower
200ml creme fraiche
150g mature cheddar cheese, grated
3 heaped tbsps of finely grated parmesan cheese
1 large egg , beaten
1/2 cup of dried breadcrumbs
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp of nutmeg
1 tsp dried onion powder (not salt)
A little drizzle of olive oil
Salt and black pepper to season
Preheat oven to 190C.
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets then steam till just tender. Allow to cool then chop roughly.
2. Place the cauliflower in a large bowl and add the creme fraiche, beaten egg, cheeses, nutmeg, garlic and onion powder. Season with a little salt and plenty of black pepper.
3. Pour the mixture into a small baking dish and spread out evenly.
4. Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 190C for approx. 30 - 40 mins or till nice and golden.
6. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.