Added by kye in france | Sat 31 Jan 2009 @ 14:45
Tonight i\'m going to add pasta to the recipe..
1. Cook the cauliflower in a pot of boiling salted water for about 20 minutes or until soft (according to your preference). Drained and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven at 180°C (350°F - gas mark 4)
3. Spread the cauliflower in a baking dish, pour the béchamel sauce all over it. Sprinkle generously grated cheese on top.
4. Bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes or just 5 minutes under grill mode until the top is golden brown.
To prepare the Béchamel sauce
1. Melt the butter in a sauce pan at medium heat. Make sure that the butter doesn\'t turn brown.
2. Add the flour into the melted butter and stir it vigorously with a whisk. Continue to stir vigorously until you obtain a mousse like mixture.
3. Stir in the milk a little at a time (make sure it\'s well incorporated), vigorously to avoid getting lumps.
4. When about half the milk is in, switch to a balloon whisk and start adding large amounts of milk instead, but always whisking briskly. Your reward will be a smooth, glossy, creamy sauce.
5. Whisk it until it thickens, then turn the heat down to its lowest setting.
6. Season it with salt, nutmeg and pepper.
7. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes (whisk it from time to time) and then remove from heat.