Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by foietruffledisiac
Scallop ceviche is AMAZING!!
This dish also works with, scallops, salmon (organic farmed or self caught), sea trout, turbot, brill , lemon sole, pollack, scad, gurnard.
2. Work over each piece with your fingers, making sure that it is completely boneless, skinless and completely free of the thickish membrane around the belly area.
3. Cut fish fillets into mediumish dice so that the texture of the fish can be felt while consuming.
4. Pass the citrus juice through a fine sieve to remove the fibres or you can leave the juicy bits in. Then combine it with the onion, red bird's eye chili (or piquillo pepper, or fire roasted bell pepper marinated in chili oil), brown sugar, salt, freshly ground, black pepper, and coriander in a ceramic dish or plastic tub (not a metal container).
5. Add the fish and mixed gently making sure that the fish is completely submerged in the liquid. Put in the fridge to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, maximum of 12 hours; 3 to 4 hours is just about perfect. You'll see the fish flesh become opaque as the citrus juice cooks it.
6. Taste the ceviche and adjust the seasonings; you might feel the need for a little more chili, sugar, or salt. The flavour balancing act of this dish is of great importance.
7. From a ripe avocado cut elongated silces (from top of fruit to bottom)
8. The ceviche can be plated on on a dish with indentation / bowl. Put ceviche with all it's juices and aromatic flavourings over 2 to 3 slices of ripe avocado. Optional, sprinkle with very small dice of mango. Garnish with fresh coriander sprig / or coriander micro greens.