Added by kye in france | Thu 19 Mar 2009 @ 13:37
Served with a mixed salad.
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 small onion, diced
* 3 eggs
* 1 cup heavy cream
* 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
* 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 (9 inch) pie crust
* 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 3/4 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and saute until soft, about 3 to 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, cream, basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
4. Spoon the onions into the pie crust. Pour the egg mixture over the onions. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
5. Bake in preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into center of the quiche comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.