Added by Chef Strongy | Sun 03 Jun 2012 @ 21:57
You can add chocolate instead of mixed fruit.
My Sweet Dough
50g Butter softened
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 cups mixed fruit
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon water
1. Combine butter and sugar in a saucepan over a medium heat - add fruit and spices.
2. Lightly knead then roll dough out to a 30 x 25 cm rectangle.
3. Spread dough with butter and sugar filling.
4. Sprinkle over mixed nuts.
5. Roll up like a sponge roll.
6. Using string cut into 12 even-sized pieces.
7. Arrange in a greased 25 cm sponge sandwich tin, nine around outside edge and three in the centre.
8. Cover and leave in a warm place until double in size.
9. Bake at 190į for 15 minutes. Brush with sugar and water glaze while hot. Makes 12.