Added by Allora Andiamo | Sat 31 Jul 2010 @ 12:55
Fried chicken breasts served in a creamy tarragon, onion and garlic sauce. If you\'re not a fan of tarragon, you could use rosemary instead :)
3 small chicken breasts
200ml double cream or creme fraiche (or a mix of both)
1 large glass of white wine *
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
Small bunch of fresh tarragon (finely chopped) OR approx.2 level tsps of dried tarragon
Salt and black pepper to season
Some butter and olive for frying
* you can replace the wine with chicken stock if you prefer
1.In a small frying pan, heat the butter and olive oil till hot then add the chicken breasts to the pan (if they\'re very thick or uneven, flatten them a little first or slice each breast horizontally to make two thinner slices)
2. Fry over a medium heat till golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and keep them warm while you make the sauce.
3. Add the finely chopped onion and garlic to the pan and cook over a low heat till soft and lightly browned.
4. Pour the wine into the pan, add the fresh or dried tarragon and season with a little salt and black pepper.Reduce over a high heat till you\'re left with about 5-6 tbsps of wine.
5. Add some salt and black pepper to season then stir the cream/creme fraiche into the sauce. Cook gently for a couple of mintues, stirring it gently, then serve.