Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Mango Ginger
A healthy refreshing salad with delicious marinated chicken, a tangy dressing and crunchy croutons
Time: 40 mins
Rating: Easy. You could do it with your eyes shut.
Serves: 2 (generous portions)
2. Once your chicken has marinated, pre-heat the oven to about 180°C (for the croutons) and put a small pan of water on to boil (for some of the veg).
3. Next cook the marinated chicken. I like to cook the breasts in a griddle pan but you could equally oven bake, pan-fry, or grill them. If using a griddle, place them top side down onto the hot griddle and cook for about 4 minutes. Turn them over and cook the other side for the same amount of time. Turn them over once more to give the first side another minute or so. They'll take about 10 mins in total to cook. The meat should be white (not pink) all the way through but not dried out. The sweetness in the marinade will give the chicken a lovely colour and slightly sticky coating.
4. When the meat is done, take it off the heat and let it rest. This lets the juices run before you serve it. After about ten minutes (once you've started on the next steps) slice the chicken into fairly thin slices and leave to cool.
5. Next make the dressing. Combine all of the ingredients in a jar and give them a good shake.
6. Then make the croutons. Remove the crusts from the bread and cut the remainder of the slice into small squares. On a small plate combine the two oils, and on another place spread out the sesame seeds. Brush each square of bread on both sides with the oil and then dip in the sesame seeds so they stick. Place the squares on a baking sheet and then in the oven for about five minutes until they are hard and just a little golden. Take out of the oven and allow to cool.
7. Then prepare your veg. Trim the sugar snap peas and cut the asparagus into pieces about an inch long. Blanch them in the boiling water for about 3 minutes. They should soften but still have a crunch to them. Drain and run them under cold water to stop them cooking any further.
8. Then prepare the other veg. Cut the tomatoes in half. Slice the cucumbers into thin matchsticks. Slice the spring onion diagonally into thin slices. Finely chop the coriander. Place all of the salad ingredients together in a bowl, combine, pour over the dressing and toss.
9. Serve up the salad and place the croutons on top of the salad and the chicken around the edge. Enjoy!