Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by dbutts29
2. if using the chicken breasts instead bring a steamer to the boil with enough water but again not too much as to dilute the stock, line the steamer tray with the ginger slices and lay the chicken on top sprinkle with little bit of salt. Steam for aproximately 20minutes depending on the size of the breasts
3. While everything is cooking, using a pestle and mortar pound the ginger to a paste with a little salt for abraisive
4. finely chop the spring onions add to the ginger mix and pound again briefly to amalgamate
5. transfer the mix to a heat proof dish
6. Once the chicken is cooked it can be removed and carved for serving
7. Ladle a small amount of stock over the ginger mix to loosen it up. Taste for seasoning
8. Heat the oil in a pan to very hot then carefully pour over the ginger mix
Serve with plain rice and small bowls of the steaming / poaching liquid
The relish is excellent just added to plain rice to give it a great kick.