Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
2. Add the cheese and mix well.
3. Start adding the water, a little at a time, and knead gently till the pastry binds together and the edges of the bowl are clean. Place in the fridge for about 30 mins.
Prepare the filling:
4. Remove the chicken from the bone and cut into chunks or strips.
5. Place a third of the chicken in a large ovenproof dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the leeks and the ham. Repeat twice.
Prepare the sauce:
6. Mix the cornflour with a little of the milk.
7. Place the rest of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add the cornflour mixture and stir.
8. Cook the white sauce for about 5 mins, using a whisk to beat the sauce gently, till smooth and glossy. Allow to cool a little before pouring over the chicken and leek filling.
9. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the pastry (about 4-5mm thick)
10. Lay over the pie filling, press the edges down lightly and cut off any excess pastry. Cut a small hole in the middle of the pie to allow steam to escape .You can now decorate the pie with the leftover pastry if you wish, but it isn't a 'must'.
11. Brush the pastry with a little milk and bake in a pre-heated oven (200C) for about 60 mins, till nice and golden.
12. Let the pie rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Delicious served with mashed potatoes and green vegetables.