Added by dsmfood | Sat 27 Feb 2010 @ 18:50
175 g (6 oz) Sweet Short Crust Pastry
250 g (9 oz) Dark Chocolate
350 ml (12 fl oz) Double Cream
1/2 tsp Good Instant Coffee
2 Eggs, Plus 1 Egg Yolk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180‚°C (350‚°F) Gas 4. Line a shallow 23cm (9 in) tart tin with the pastry and bake blind.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces, either by hand using a thick kitchen knife, or put it into the food processor and chop using the pulse button. Put the chocolate into a large bowl.
3. In a saucepan, heat the cream just to boiling point, then take it off the heat immediately and pour the cream into the bowl over the chopped chocolate. Whisk the cream and chocolate together, using a fork or a hand whisk. You will notice the mixture becoming darker and you will think it is about to set. But it won\'t. Whisk in instant coffee, then put the mixture to one side and leave until warm.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolk together for just a few seconds. Continue beating while you pour in the warm melted chocolate and cream ganache. Scrape the sides of the bowl so that all the chocolate is mixed with the eggs. The mixture will now be quite runny. Pour the chocolate mixture into the pre-baked pastry case.
5. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until set, but with the centre still looking a bit soft and wobbly.
6. Serve with a selection of tinned fruits or i like to serve with ice-cream or whipped cream.