Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by prebelo
1. Clean the squid by removing tentacles and all insides. Detach fin and all loose skin from the tube. Turn the tube inside out to clean in running water and turn back again. Set aside.
2. Clean and finely chop the tentacles and fins and set aside.
3. To make the stuffing, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and gently fry the onion until translucent. Add the chilli if using. Then add the garlic, paprika, chorizo and 5 minutes later the parsley and the chopped squid tentacles and fins.
4. Cook for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Then add the bread, the egg yolk and mix together. Remove from the heat. You should have a consistent paste that brings together all the ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
5. Spoon the mixture into the squid tubes and close with a cocktail stick across the opening. Do not fill too much as they will burst. If some stuffing spills into the sauce, it's no problem as it will just add to the richness…
6. Place the squid in a casserole and cover with the chopped tomatoes and white wine.
7. Cover and cook in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes, until tender, stirring occasionally. If getting too dry, add some more wine and if too moist cook uncovered on the stove.
8. Traditionally served with toasted or fried bread… In the photograph I served it with a simple bulgar wheat salad.