Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Allora Andiamo
Prepare the mulled wine. You can make this up to 3 days before you need it. Store in a bottle in the fridge till required.
1. Pour the wine, Cointreau, orange juice and rum into a saucepan.
2. Add the orange rind, spices and sugar then place over a low heat.
3. Heat the mixture very gently, making sure it doesn't boil. It should be just hot.
4. Remove from the heat and allow the mixture to infuse for about 1 hour before
removing the orange rind and spices.
5. Once the mixture has cooled down you can pour it into a bottle and store it
in the fridge for a few days.
1. Prepare the mixed spice. Combine spices and store in a small jar. You can make this well ahead of time but the fresher it is, the better.
Making the mincemeat.
1. Pour the mulled wine into a large saucepan and add the raw cane sugar.
2. Add all the other ingredients except the rum, amaretto and marzipan . You'll add these later once the mixture has finished cooking.
3. Cover with a tight fitting lid and cook over a gentle heat for approx. 30mins, stirring it regularly and squashing the mixture gently with a wooden spoon. You should end up with a nice pulpy texture.
4. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool down for a few minutes before stirring in the marzipan, rum and amaretto.
5. Spoon the mixture into sterilized jars, allow to cool then store in the fridge.