Are you sure you want to delete this recipe?
This recipe was uploaded by Biggypert
It's very simple to make!
For the stuffing mix you can make you own, if you are lazy like me, you can just buy a simple stuffing mix!
1. Skin the onions and slice them thickly.
2. Put them in a pan with a little water and parboil.
3. Drain and chop the onions finely.
4. Scald the fresh sage leaves, if used, and chop them finely.
5. Mix together with the onions and breadcrumbs.
6. Melt the butter or margarine, add to the stuffing, and season to taste.
7. Mix together thoroughly.
8. Beat the egg until liquid and add enough to the stuffing to bind it into strips the length of the sausages.
Take the raw sausages, slice them in two from top to bottom and down the middle (Don't completely slice as you need the skin), remove half of the sausage meat and replace with the stuffing.
Cut each strip of bacon in half and wrap each half around a sausage.
Lay the sausages in a baking dish, with the ends of the bacon tucked under each end.
Roast in a 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and sausage is cooked through.