Coconut and poppy cake
Added by ruxxy22 | Mon 07 Feb 2011 @ 09:27
ingredients for the first layer:
8 egg white
8 spoons of sugar
100 g coconut
100 g poppy
4 spoons of flour
1 envelope of bake powder
Ingredients for the cream:
2 envelopes of vanilla pudding
3, 4 spoons of sugar
1 spoon of flour
3/4 of one butter pack
800 ml of milk
Ingredients for the chocolate icing:
100 g of milk chocolate
50 g of butter
2 spoons of sugar
3 spoons of milk
1 or two packs of sweet crackers
For the first layer:
1. Blend with a mixer the egg white with the sugar until you get a glassy cream.
2. Add the other ingredients at a run and mix them carefully with a spoon as the cream do not wane in quantity.
3. Bake it for about 20 minutes at 190 degrees in a pan on baking paper.
For the cream:
1. Mix the yolks with the sugar and the pudding powder.
2. Add the milk and boil all on a steam bath until it gets thick.
3. Add the butter and let it to chill.
4. After it\'s cold add it over the first layer that it\'s also chilled.
For the top layer:
1. Put the crakers on top of the cream.
2. Melt the chocolate on fire and mix it with milk, butter and sugar.
3. As the icing it\'s still hot add it on top of the crakers layer.
Let the cake few hours before cutting. The cutting guide will be the crakers.